Blog

100+ Websites All About Green Living

I came across Cameron Chapman’s blog where she compiled more than 100 terrific websites for ways to live green. I’m sharing this with you as much as I’m archiving it for my own use, because Cameron has done an incredible job of researching these resources.  AND, she’s only missing one of the most important water conservation sites out there: Water – Use It Wisely.

In the interest of full disclosure, we launched the Water – Use It Wisely campaign in 2000, and it has grown to be the largest global educational outreach program of its kind with more than 400 private and public partners using the program.

We also launched a major social media initiative with a new website in celebration of the campaign’s 10th anniversary. Join us on our blog, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr and Friend Feed.

Five of my other favorite green websites that didn’t make Cameron’s list are:

1. Salvagist.com Hip products made from cool recycled materials like old fire hose, bicycle inner tubes and re-purposed billboard vinyl.
  2. YouthNoise.com A consortium of young people out of New York that are making a difference with a variety of eco-friendly projects around the globe.
  3. GreenAnySite.com A widget that lets you green almost any online purchase you make through an affiliate program that directs a portion of your purchase cost to an eco-charity.
  4. GreenMusicAlliance.org Members of the Green Music Alliance strive to reduce the carbon footprint of their companies and raise awareness within their businesses and fans about how to reduce our impact on the environment.
  5. GreenLivingIdeas.com For all things to help you live greener.

Do you have a favorite green site or sites that Cameron and I missed?  If so, please share it in the comments below.

facebooktwitterpinterestlinkedinmail
11 Comments On This Topic
  1. Erin posted
    January 7, 2009 at 7:51 am

Good to Go Eco is a small business started by my mom and me. Our website, http://www.GoodToGoEco.com features eco-friendly products for families on the go and a blog with tips and tricks for living green. Check us out. :)

2. Sabina posted
    January 7, 2009 at 10:11 am

I would like to add People for Earth, http://www.people4earth.net, a social network and a wiki ECO guide with the purpose of inspiring and empowering people to enjoy more eco-friendly and fulfilling lives. This way we contribute to saving the Earth and grow to be much better people.
    You are welcome to contribute your tips and ideas to the green wiki, http://www.myecoguide.net.

3. Adam Shake posted
    January 8, 2009 at 9:44 am

What is this website about? It’s about anything that has an impact on our planet, and the reverse impact it has on us.

What’s the big deal? The big deal is that the impact we have on this planet, is making people suffer. The impact we have on this planet is killing people. Every single day.
    Environmentalism is about saving the people, not the planet. After all, given enough time, the planet will heal itself, and it will spin on with our without us.

What am I about? I’m about sharing with you what I know, what I’m learning, and what I’m ignorant about in reference to this huge subject that we call the environment.

4. Park posted
    January 8, 2009 at 9:56 am

Thanks Adam. You’re right, it IS about saving people. We all get so caught up in saving the planet, we miss the big picture. I appreciate your comment.

5. Park posted
    January 8, 2009 at 10:18 am

I’m adding the Lazy Environmentalist to the list: http://www.lazyenvironmentalist.com/ Great site!

6. Wendy posted
    January 8, 2009 at 10:30 am

I have a blog, http://mygreenside.wordpress.com were I do my best to give Simple Tips for Green Living. I tend to focus on making the world a safer and healthier place for our children.

If we all paid more attention to our own consumption and consistently did the little things that really make a big difference, our people and our planet would be healthier.

7. Park posted
    January 8, 2009 at 10:53 am

Wendy, great site. My wife and I are just planting our organic garden: benefits of living in the desert in January. Thanks for your comment and sharing your blog.

8. Matt posted
    January 8, 2009 at 12:24 pm

LeanGreenHome helps people recycle their food waste with information pages and easy-step guides for composting with Bokashi, making your own compost bin, etc.

9. Ewa in the Garden posted
    January 10, 2009 at 9:20 am

I am focused on showing the beauty of organic garden with tips how to be more green gardener.

10. Blogroll: Recycling, chocolate, affordable organic clothes, etc | Green + Chic posted
    March 29, 2009 at 11:49 pm

[...]  100+ Websites All About Green Living Cameron Chapman with Mashable Social Media Blog put together this must see list of over 100 green living websites.  Its going to take me a long time to get through this one!  [...]

11. dean posted
    October 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I love your site great info that read and can use.. im into honey bees
    and started my first hive looking forward for info on bees.. keep the world green…. peace