I came across Cameron Chapman’s blog where she compiled more than 100 terrific websites for ways to live green. I’m sharing this with you as much as I’m archiving it for my own use, because Cameron has done an incredible job of researching these resources. AND, she’s only missing one of the most important water conservation sites out there: Water – Use It Wisely.
In the interest of full disclosure, we launched the Water – Use It Wisely campaign in 2000, and it has grown to be the largest global educational outreach program of its kind with more than 400 private and public partners using the program.
Five of my other favorite green websites that didn’t make Cameron’s list are:
- Salvagist.com Hip products made from cool recycled materials like old fire hose, bicycle inner tubes and re-purposed billboard vinyl.
- YouthNoise.com A consortium of young people out of New York that are making a difference with a variety of eco-friendly projects around the globe.
- GreenAnySite.com A widget that lets you green almost any online purchase you make through an affiliate program that directs a portion of your purchase cost to an eco-charity.
- GreenMusicAlliance.org Members of the Green Music Alliance strive to reduce the carbon footprint of their companies and raise awareness within their businesses and fans about how to reduce our impact on the environment.
- GreenLivingIdeas.com For all things to help you live greener.
Do you have a favorite green site or sites that Cameron and I missed? If so, please share it in the comments below.