I’ve been getting in trouble lately from the green marketing community. They think my “Got Green? and 10 Other Brand Curdling Cliches of Green Marketing” presentation is making fun of the industry.
It’s not. It’s making fun of companies and brands that are eager to jump on the green bandwagon without doing their homework. Their green marketing shortcuts are laughable, diminishing the credibility of the entire green marketing industry.
In this interview we cover:
- Which companies tell their sustainability story well, without the hackneyed green marketing cliches
- Big brands that are failing the “got green?” test
- Successful examples of green marketing
- Egregious examples of green wash, in products that have no business calling themselves green
- Whether green marketing is really dead and if we should just give up
This revealing discussion with several real world green marketing examples, ought to help you better define your green marketing strategies and bring you closer to becoming a remarkable sustainable brand.