Seth Godin asked me this morning, and in the interest of full disclosure, everyone else who reads his blog, “What did I ship in 2010?”
Although he admits it feels a bit self centered to make a list and share it, what he really wants us to ask ourselves is: what did I have the guts to follow through on and deliver this past year?
Now, my list doesn’t quite compare with launching a book, “Linchpin,” or a worldwide blog tour, or even raising $275,000 for charity from Squidoo. Seth’s a hard guy to keep up with.
Yet, I’m proud of what I shipped in 2010, both as a business owner and a father, husband, son, brother, and friend. Of course, I didn’t do any of this alone. I’m blessed with loving, caring, committed and talented people who help me succeed everyday.
Here are 10 things I shipped in 2010…
- The year started off with the honor of being named, 2010 Advertising Person of the Year by the American Advertising Federation – Phoenix
- Michele and I celebrated the graduation of our son Parker from Chapman University with a BFA in Film Production and a minor in Business
- We created and launched HearHer.org, a blog for survivors of domestic violence to tell their stories
- Worked with the owners of Discount Tire to brand and launch the Halle Family Foundation website that deals with women and children social justice issues.
- Our agency took a somewhat insignificant poster project and created a national award winner for Phoenix Metro Light Rail.
- We had the guts to take a bold and peculiar approach to launch the rail line’s “Stop on Red” campaign.
- Teaming with two brilliant firms in Arizona, the GMarie Group and Pro Formance Group, Park&Co created the internal eco-driving campaign for Coca-Cola Enterprises helping to teach 60,000 of its truck drivers and staff how to drive more efficiently.
- Hosted free social media workshops for the Water Conservation Garden in San Diego and for major water providers in Dallas, Texas, and launched a Ning group to help them with their online presence.
- Helped launch SustainaAZility, one of the first open source economic development initiatives in the nation with a mission to make Arizona the Silicon Valley of Sustainability for the world.
- Created and ran our “Buy Local Advertising” campaign where we promoted our competition to encourage local advertisers to keep their branding, marketing, web, and film & video work in Phoenix. Read all about it here: Buy Local Creative Campaign Release
Please let me know what you shipped this year.
Happy New Year!